Taking a good look at 2015 will probably make a good sense of what I do want for 2016, then. Goodreads made a beautiful illustration of each member’s Year 2015 in Books, and here is mine (click on photo below).
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee – This will always be beautiful, maybe, no matter how many times I reread it. I will always love Atticus, I guess.
- The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence – I’m so enamored with the kind of friendship Alex showed here. It is a story not easily forgotten.
- Slade House by David Mitchell – This one is short but an unrelenting thrill. Just brilliant!
- Night Study by Maria V. Snyder – I am ridiculously biased toward this series. I love every detail, every character, and the development of the story. It just keeps getting better every time. Release date on January 26, 2016.
- The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick – Arthur Pepper is one hell of a guy to root for. He is curiously charming –all heart and nothing less. He’s coming out this May 2016.