Tuesday, September 1, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge | September


Hello! Isn't it exciting, the BER months are here? If time indeed flies, it zoomed. I went back to what I've read so far and realized that no matter how fast I read, there'd be more books that I need and want to read. The pile just kept on adding up. Same old story, 'no?

Here are the books I've read last August.
  • Everlasting by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss - 3/5 stars - The author's last book and this my closure.
  • To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee - 5/5 stars - A reread. I still love it after so many years.
  • A Bottle of Storm Clouds by Eliza Victoria - 3/5 stars - A short story collection from one of our local speculative fiction writers. I breezed thru this.
  • The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence - 5/5 stars - A heartfelt tale of an extraordinary friendship. In spite of the expected ending, I was still caught off guard and cried. I can't entirely blame it on hormones.
  • Slade House by David Mitchell - 5/5 stars - ARC. Releasing this October 27. The whole reading community should be very excited.

To cut off some books from my TBR, I've decided to read a book off my 2014 list and a book off my 2015 list simultaneously, starting this month. Although, I may add more along the way as time permits. This way, I can closely monitor how I'm doing. 


I'm currently reading Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier, a book club dare-to-read challenge. I'm terribly slow at it so I may take a while finishing. Meanwhile, TFG is reading and discussing Go Set A Watchman this September with FFP. Listened to it a week ago and Reese Witherspoon did a wonderful narration. 

Unexpected circumstances happened some time ago, and my commitments took a drastic change. It was because of these circumstances that I missed some book club F2F discussions.  Same reason why I have not been replying to most emails and review request lately. Forgive me for cutting down on requests.

Until next time! Meanwhile, have a wonderful September.




2 comments:

  1. Perfect stars for Slade House! Can't wait for October. Happy September, Mommy L! :)

    ReplyDelete