- White Teeth by Zadie Smith -4/5 stars- This was a leak from April, a really good read.
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield -5/5 stars- This was beautifully written, enjoyed it very much.
- To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf -4/5 stars- Juliet Stevenson's narration is something to behold, really.
- Project 17 by Eliza Victoria -4/5 stars- A very well-thought plot and setting, and a Sci-fi to boot.
- The Medea Complex by Rachel Florence Roberts -3/5 stars- A good debut that possibly can be better if given a good editing.
- Season of the Witch by Natasha Mostert -3/5 stars- This is pure seduction on clairvoyance and witchcraft, but not really an easy read.
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Required Reading: June 2014
I am glad that the heat we suffer is finally receding. Showers and thunderstorms come much too often nowadays. But storms and floods will not be far behind. Anyways, before this post becomes a weather report, I hope intimate reading would be more possible for me. Let's look back to what I've read last May.
Obviously, I owe some written thoughts and need to post them soon. I hope to write them before June's demands take over, mid-year is always busy for me. In anticipation, I chose two books I promised to read in exchange for honest reviews, plus the book I worked so hard to campaign for TFG's book of the month.
By the way, it's raining. Don't forget to bring an umbrella when you go out. ♥