September, as I predicted, was a busy month. Life goes on in the real world, unfortunately, while we desperately escape into the book world. Well, maybe it was not all that unfortunate inasmuch as reading is concerned, because I was able to finish 5 books.
- The Golden City by John 12 Hawks - 4/5 stars
- The Falling Away by T.L. Hines – 3/5 stars
- Noah’sRainy Day by Sandra Brannan – 4/5 stars
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov – 5/5 stars
- Bellmanand Black by Diane Setterfield – 4/5 stars
- A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin: we are still in the midst of our buddy-reading. And considering that the book is a behemoth, we will most likely read it until late October.
- Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay: Our F2F book for the month. As you can see, this is another high fantasy and thick, too.
- Peopleof the Book by Geraldine Brooks: this is another spillover from last month. I’m more than half-way through, and hoping to finish this before I start on Tigana.