Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Required Reading: September 2013
There are four of them and it starts with... SeptemBER. This month is going to be a busy month for all Filipino book lovers. There will be an AKLATAN on the 7th at Alphaland Southgate; and the 34th MIBF at SMX MOA, from the 11th to 15th. Needless to say that we are going to burn holes in our pockets soon.
1. The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler - 3/5 stars
2. A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin - 4/5 stars
3. Tall Story by Candy Gourlay - 4/5 stars
4. Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick - 4/5 stars
5. Love Your Frenemies by Mina V. Esguerra - 4/5 stars
6. That Kind of Guy by Mina V. Esguerra - 3/5 stars
7. All's Fair in Blog and War by Chrissie Peria - 4/5 stars
8. Rage by Jackie Kessler - 4/5 stars
9. The Lost Soul by Gabriella Pierce - 4/5 stars
10. In the Forests of the Night by Kersten Hamilton - 4/5 stars
11. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith - 4/5 stars
12. The Dark River by John Twelve Hawks - 4/5 stars
Don't be deceived by the number of books. Both 1 and 2 were spillovers from July, while most of those books that followed are less than 300 pages. Considering, still, it was a good reading month for me.
For September, I listed three books.
1. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov - TFG's book for the month. Am loving the narration so far.
2. A Storm of Swords by George RR Martin - the chant to conquer GRRM is so strong for the buddy readers.
2. The Falling Away by TL Hines - I'm a TLH completist, and this one is another supernatural suspense.
For the last bit. September is my birthday month (no, don't ask me when), so, I want to make an extra effort. For the next four weeks I'll be giving away books anonymously. Picking four of my favorite books, I will randomly choose places and leave a book with a note enclosed. I'll post each drop I make every week here on my blog (with pictures, of course). Hopefully, through this effort, I can turn someone into a book lover too.
Now, you can color me excited! ♥